[mapserver-users] Building Mapserver with Ming support - problem

Marie Flanagan theflan at gofree.indigo.ie
Tue Sep 10 19:05:38 EDT 2002

Hello Mapserver Users,

I have been using Mapserver 3.5 on (Solaris/Apache web server). To introduce more flexibility at the front end I have been using our own middleware and perl scripts to produce dynamic HTML - to provide additional information on mouseover.  BUT it's not enough.....

.... we want to be able to turn on/off layers, mouse over to provide extra information and links to images or other pages, use nice icons dynamically at the front end.  Flash might be the way to go to provide snazzy maps.  I know nothing about it at the moment though.  I've downloaded Mapserver 3.6.1 and the ming library.  When I try to compile Mapserver with the --with-ming=yes/usr/src/ming-0.2a nothing seems to happen..... i.e. the configure seems to ignore the fact that I've asked for ming support.   Do I need PHP to use ming??

Could someone give a bit of direction here ?

TIA.

Regards,

Marie Flanagan