[mapserver-users] XUL Interface for mapserver app?

Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca Jean-Francois.Doyon at ccrs.nrcan.gc.ca
Wed Sep 11 15:15:26 EDT 2002

Hello,

I was just curious, has anyone ever looked at implementing a mapserver
application that uses XUL (http://www.xulplanet.com/) as it's interface?

Admitedly this would be (for now) specific to netscape 6.x+ and Mozilla, but
this might also be handy for wireless applications on devices that use linux
and mozilla at their core.

You could create incredibly cool looking and highly functional interfaces
using full cross-platform and open standards, and put them right in the
browser!

I just may play with this when I have some free time ... (In my next life)

Jean-François Doyon
Internet Service Development and Systems Support
GeoAccess Division
Canadian Center for Remote Sensing
Natural Resources Canada
http://atlas.gc.ca