[mapserver-users] Back to basics...

wendyandtony wendyandtony at lineone.net
Wed Sep 11 18:25:30 EDT 2002

Hi

I'm doing a small personal project where I'd like to search an Oracle database via a website using Perl/cgi (not too difficult), but then display the query as points on a (simple) map. The data base is of historic/prehistoric sites so all I need to map are points. I'm (gratefully) using an evaluation version of MapInfo Pro 7 and have access to university servers etc. It seems that MapServer is suited to this, but my query here is ..er.. how do I get started?

Kind regards

Tony