[mapserver-users] TIP: Dynamic Legend (I did it!)

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Thu Sep 12 16:50:21 EDT 2002

...uh...just in case any of you RUSHED to see this...

I made a fairly significant logic error. It's been fixed. Sorry.

-chip

-----Original Message-----
From: Hankley, Chip
Sent: Thursday, September 12, 2002 1:34 PM
To: 'spencer at dmsolutions.ca'; 'Antti.Roppola at brs.gov.au'
Cc: MapServer List (E-mail)
Subject: RE: [mapserver-users] TIP: Dynamic Legend (I did it!)

Based on Antti's and Paul's comments, I made some changes to the script.

1) Script writes out legend content to a static file. It checks the date of
the mapfile and the static file. If the mapfile is newer, it replaces the
static file. Otherwise, the static file is just included();

2) Script responds appropriately to layers that are outside of the MAXSCALE
or MINSCALE bounds by:
  a) disabling the control
  b) turning the layer description 'gray' rather than black.

Chip Hankley