[mapserver-users] Cutting up large Rasters

Ed McNierney ed at topozone.com
Wed Sep 11 21:29:00 EDT 2002

Steve's right about chopping things up, but you should be sure you
really need to do that.  Can you describe the image (file format, size
in pixels in each dimension, pixel depth)?  Remember that "opening" an
image is not the same as loading the whole thing into memory...

	- Ed

Ed McNierney
Chief Mapmaker
TopoZone.com