[mapserver-users] professional MapServer services list? / ArcIMS-MapServer choice

Drew from Zhrodague drew at Zhrodague.net
Mon Sep 16 23:28:41 EDT 2002

> I believe there are a few other groups using MapServer on this list who
> have also indicated that they have been using it for high volumes.
>
> I'm not sure if anyone has done a thorough comparison of ArcIMS with
> Oracle vs. MapServer with either tuned flat files, connection to Oracle
> Spatial, SDE or PostGIS, but I suspect that MapServer would come out on
> top hands down.
>
> Now that this has been brought up - has anyone done any kind of
> benchmarking like this?  I'd love to have that at my disposal in the
> ongoing argument to potential clients for using MapServer.

	We'd be interested in doing some sort of benchmarking, I know we
get over 1500 map-draws a day, our (tuned) maps are about 6-gigs in size
including the data uploaded by our users.

	I am personally impressed with the package, and can't say enough
nice things about it, even to people who don't care!

drew at zhrodague.net
http://mapserver.zhrodague.net
"We put WiFi on the Map!"