[mapserver-users] GROUP layers in PHP MapScript

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at GASAI.Com
Tue Sep 17 13:40:55 EDT 2002

I'm confused about how GROUP is treated in PHP MapScript.

In CGI, I can control the display of multiple layers if I refer to their
group name, correct? (According to the docs..."The group name can then be
reference as a regular layer name in the template files, allowing to do
things like turning on and off a group of layers at once").

The only way I can seem to replicate this behavior in MapScript is to
reference each of the individual layers (by name or index)... am I missing
something? Is there some way with one command to turn off (or on) multiple
layers in the same 'group.'

Chip Hankley