[mapserver-users] Variations in label behavior

gisweb at lmi.net gisweb at lmi.net
Thu Sep 19 13:59:56 EDT 2002

Steve,

The install documentation on Mapserver 3.6 implies that Freetype 2.x is okay:

> If your GD is built against FreeType, you will see either
> "-DUSE_GD_TTF" (Or "-DUSE_GD_FT" for Freetype 2.x) part.

Is it appropriate to inform the Mapserver website's authors that there are still
issues with Freetype 2.x, and that Freetype 1.x is still the only safe choice? A
rewrite of the install section might prevent people from encountering the
problem I've found with text angles.

If it's appropriate, do you know who's best to email with the information about
Freetype 2.x vs. Freetype 1.x to get the website updated?

Thanks,
Jonathan W. Lowe