[mapserver-users] Image centering problem...

Mike Smith nospam at cnrit.tamu.edu
Fri Sep 20 18:36:43 EDT 2002

Hello,

    I'm sure I'm missing something really elementary here, but I've gone
and added so much complexity to my mapserver web pages that I can't get
the image to recenter on my mouse clicks anymore!  I see the "img.x" and
"img.y" values appear in the URL when I click on the image, but I'm also
setting "imgxy" in various places and I guess I'm clobbering something
becuase no matter where I click, the map just zooms in and out centered
on the mid-point of my main image.  I'm talking about non-applet
implementations of Mapserver, and I'm not using Mapscript either.  If
you want to see the problem I'm talking about look at any of my
"non-applet" maps at the following URL:

http://cnrit.tamu.edu/maps/map_init.html

Can somebody explain to me the reason why "imgxy" has to be set in the
html "hidden" form variables?  In the basic demo, this value is
arbitrarily set to the centerpoint of the top level image...why?  What
am I doing wrong?  This bug in my code is totally disabling the pan
feature...I can't pan or recenter at all, I just always get the
centerpoint...even when I click on the reference image.

Help!

Thanks,

Mike