[mapserver-users] Image centering problem...

Mike Smith nospam at cnrit.tamu.edu
Mon Sep 23 10:21:02 EDT 2002

But if I don't set the form value of "imgxy" somewhere the image doesn't
even load!  Looking at the Itasca demo I see that this value is manually
being set at the bottom of the html code, but that demo recenters and
zooms on mouse clicked points just fine.  I guess I'm confused as to why
the imgxy value is even needed, because mapserver seems to automatically
pick up on the img.x and img.y coordinates when I click, but this
doesn't help because the image just blows up if I don't manually set
imgxy somewhere.  Can I do something like this?

<input type=hidden name="imgxy" value="[img.x] [img.y]">

right now I'm just manually setting it to the centerpoint of my starting
image like this:

<input type="hidden" name="imgxy" value="249.5 250.0">

This is exactly what the Itasca demo does and it works there, but all it
appears to be doing for me is forcing me to zoom in to the same point
every time regardless of where I've clicked....and pan doesn't even work.

HELP?!?!