[mapserver-users] img.x versus map.x

Puneet Kishor pkishor at GeoAnalytics.com
Tue Sep 24 14:25:47 EDT 2002

[..]
> Here's my question:  How come I get "map.x" and "map.y" when
> I click my
> image?  If these were "img.x" and "img.y" then everything would be
> working...why is my mapserv CGI program inserting the wrong
> CGI variable
> names?  If I can only get it to insert the mouse coordinates
> as "img.x"
> and "img.y" values, I'll be working just fine!

because you have inserted an input tag of "type" image and name "map" inside
a form like so...

<form blah>
<input type="image" name="map" src="blah">
</form>

if you change the name to "img" you will get img.x and img.y, or if you take
away the name attribute completely you will get only x and y. But it is good
practice to "scope" your attributes, hence naming the input tag as "map" or
"img" insures you know where you x and why are coming from...

pk/