[mapserver-users] What does this error message mean?

Hankley, Chip Chip.Hankley at gasai.com
Wed Sep 25 14:15:00 EDT 2002

> It seems that in the mapfile a a tileindex must be specified relative
> to the SHAPEPATH item and may not be specified as an absolute path.
> And further more all TILEINDEX LOCATION values must be relative to
> the location of the TILEINDEX location.

??? I do this all the time w/ no problem:

SHAPEPATH "D:\DATA\"

LAYER
  NAME "HILLSHADE100"
  MAXSCALE 1000000
  MINSCALE 500000
  TYPE RASTER
  STATUS DEFAULT
  TILEINDEX "D:\temp\HILLSHADE\HILL100.shp"
  TILEITEM "Location"
END

And LOCATION is the fullpath to the images.

Windows, Mapserver.exe (CGI) and PHP MapScript, IIS.

chip