[mapserver-users] What does this error message mean?

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Wed Sep 25 14:41:49 EDT 2002

Chip,

The generation of my tile indexes is always scripted so I generate
things in a consistent manner. It is possible that I had a typo, but
I checked everything a couple of time before I started changing
things.

Your example is not quite the same as mine, because you used absolute
paths in your tileindex LOCATION field, and I used relative paths.
The source does some gymnastics with chdir and paths to open files
and I suspect that this will get cleaned up when Steve L. cleans up
this code to get rid of chdir calls as part of the thread-safety
cleanup.

I use tileindexes in all my mapfiles, so it was a surprise when I ran
into this problem.

-Steve