[mapserver-users] Problem with angle labels

Xisco Guaita xguaita at cesiba.com
Thu Sep 26 07:59:51 EDT 2002

Hi,

I'm working with street maps. But I've problems with the angle labels of the
street line layer.

The result.png attached file is a example of this. The street's center lines
have been drawn to show the differences between label and line angles.

I've builded a shapefile for testing purpose. It has a field with angles
from 0º to 345º in steps of 15º.

Here's the mapfile layer:

LAYER
  NAME labels
  TYPE point
  DATA "theme1"
  status on
  LABELcache off
  labelangleitem angle #angles from 0º to 345º step 15º
  CLASS
    text "--------------------"
    LABEL
      TYPE truetype
      FONT Lucida
      COLOR 75 75 75
      POSITION CR
      SIZE 12
    END
  END
END

and the 360.png attached file is the resulting image. There are some angles
draw incorrectly. Is a problem of graphics libraries? Has anyone had the
same problem, and has you found any solution?

I'm using PHPMapscript 3.6.1, libgd 1.8.4, freetype 2.0, php 4.1.2

Thanks in advance,
Xisco Guaita