[mapserver-users] Problems with labels

woodbri at swoodbridge.com woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Fri Sep 27 07:58:04 EDT 2002

James,

You can do one of two things to get labels.

1) if you want the point marker and the label then leave the TYPE as
POINT but you need to add LABELITEM "dbf field name" to the LAYER and
add a LABEL block to your CLASS block inside the LAYER block.

2) if you only want the label and not the point mark, then declare
the TYPE as ANNOTATION and do the same as above.

-Steve