[mapserver-users] Problems with labels

James Anderson james at danisat.net
Fri Sep 27 04:30:09 EDT 2002

Hi,

I am a Mapserver Newbie.  I have a mapinfo map with text labels.  I have exported the mapinfo.tab file to shape files.  I get a files like
lt_text.shp and lt_polyline.shp

When I display the lt_polyline.shp in mapserver it displays fine.  I use the line type.
When I display the lt_text.shp in mapserver it draws points where the text would be.  I am using the point type.

I need to be able to get mapserver to actually display the text labels.  How can I do this ??  I have tried various types for the text shp file, but it either does not display the text or it makes an error and does not diplay the map.  The dbf file that is alongside the shp file has all the labels in it.  Can anyone help ??

Thanks,

James.