[mapserver-users] Scale, extent

John Bennett john.bennett at noetix.on.ca
Thu Sep 26 17:20:49 EDT 2002

Hi folks
I'm still new to this, so another simple question.
I have a shapefile in Decimal degrees defined in the map file. I define the
EXTENT, UNITS and SCALE of the MAP. I'm not quite sure how to define the
SCALE correctly. Right now when I display the shapefile of the provinces of
Canada, if I query 'click' on Manitoba, it comes back with Saskatchewan.
Therefore everything appears to be shifted over.
Any idea?
John

SCALE is defined as:
SCALE [double]
Computed scale of the map. Set most often by the application.