[Mapserver-users] Beginner troubles !!!

Josef Stromský Josef.Stromsky.hgf at vsb.cz
Fri Aug 1 12:24:34 EDT 2003

Hi

Im using this mailing list for the first time. I have one big problem with
running WMSMapserver (WebMapServer). I've installed mapserver properly and
everythings is OK. Mapserver is running. My web-clients are OK. But now I
need to start WMSMapserver. So I've tried the example from tutorial (
http://terrasip.gis.umn.edu/projects/tutorial35/s5/index.html ). I mean that
mapfile from tutorial example is OK, but mapserv.exe returns this message
everytime:

 msProcessProjection(): Projection library error. no system list, errno: 2

I've read some messages about this problem from this mailing list, but
problem stays. I've installed package of pre-built binaries for PROJ 4.4.6
for Win32 systems and set system the PROJ_LIB environment. Now when I try
this example

C:\> proj.exe  -I +proj=utm +zone=11 +ellps=WGS84
332000 4000000                                           (input)
118d52'1.182"W  36d7'48.593"N                            (output)
<cntl-Z>
C:\>

so it works fine, but mapserv.exe works still wrong.

Please, if you can help me I'll be very indebted to you.
Thanx

Best regards,
Joseph.