[Mapserver-users] configuration on chroot'ed system

Bill Wheaton gisgeek at nc.rr.com
Fri Aug 1 12:54:16 EDT 2003

--Apple-Mail-8--154721719

Folks--

I'm trying to get a phpmapscript/postgis setup going at my ISP
(pghoster).  Things are basically working, except that the sys admin
has upgraded the mapserv executable to 3.6.6, but it is not being
recognized by phpinfo() or my scripts.

I run phpinfo() (after loading php_mapscript.so) and get the following:

MapServer version 3.6.3 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=TTF
INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=SHAPEFILE

When the sys admin at the ISP runs ./mapserv -v, he gets:

[root at secure mapserver-3.6.6]# cd
/home/virtual/mysite.org/var/www/cgi-bin/
[root at secure cgi-bin]# ./mapserv -v
MapServer version 3.6.6 OUTPUT=PNG OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP
SUPPORTS=PROJ SUPPORTS=TTF SUPPORTS=WMS_SERVER INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7
INPUT=JPEG INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=GDAL INPUT=SHAPEFILE

Note that ./mapserv -v reports version 3.6.6 (which is what I want),
while phpinfo reports version 3.6.3.  Since this is a chroot'ed system,
I can't run ./mapserv myself from the command line myself.

Additional output from phpinfo() shows:

_SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"] /home/virtual/site170/fst/var/www/html
_SERVER["SITE_CGIROOT"] /home/virtual/site170/fst/var/www/cgi-bin

My site's main document root (index.php and the rest of my php code) is
in /home/virtual/site170/fst/var/www/html.  But again, since it's
chroot'ed, I get to it from:

/home/myname/mainwebsite_html/index.php (etc.)

and the mapserv cgi is in:

/home/myname/mainwebiste_cgi/ (and is named mapserv)

The mapserv file is there and shows the date at which the sys admin
re-built it to ver 3.6.6.

Can anyone provide any insights into troubleshooting this problem?
Again, to summarize:

My scripts are in the right place and mapserv is found and works, but
it's not the right version...phpinfo() shows an older version of
mapserv, while running ./mapserv -v shows a newer version...What are
the places where an incorrect location for mapserv could be referenced?
  Thanks in advance for any advice.

Bill
--Apple-Mail-8--154721719

Folks--

I'm trying to get a phpmapscript/postgis setup going at my ISP
(pghoster).  Things are basically working, except that the sys admin
has upgraded the mapserv executable to 3.6.6, but it is not being
recognized by phpinfo() or my scripts.

I run phpinfo() (after loading php_mapscript.so) and get the following:

OUTPUT=JPEG OUTPUT=WBMP SUPPORTS=TTF INPUT=TIFF INPUT=EPPL7 INPUT=JPEG
INPUT=POSTGIS INPUT=SHAPEFILE

When the sys admin at the ISP runs ./mapserv -v, he gets:

</fontfamily>[root at secure mapserver-3.6.6]# cd