[Mapserver-users] configuration on chroot'ed system

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Fri Aug 1 13:39:33 EDT 2003

This looks like the symptoms of a problem we used to have when
MapServer's broken 'make install' was used.  The 'make install' target
has been replaced in the Makefile in the latest 3.6.x and 4.0 versions.

Ask the ISP to look for an old /usr/local/lib/libmap.a and delete it,
then link php_mapscript.so again and it should link with the correct
libmap.a, the one that he just compiled.

Daniel