[Mapserver-users] Re: Creating Raster Tiles

pkishor_98 pkishor at geoanalytics.com
Mon Aug 4 23:29:03 EDT 2003

--- In mapserver-users at yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Bartlett" <tbartlett at d...> wrote:
> G'Day All,
>
> I'm sorry for asking a non-mapserver question but I am running out of ideas.
>
> I have a single, large Raster image which I want to cut up into tiles for display
within Mapserver.

> Is there any software which will split this image up into a number of smaller
images??  I have ERDAS Imagine 8.4 but it only seems to create individual subsets...
which will take for ever !!!

Macromedia's Fireworks or Adobe's Imageready can supposedly take an image and
slice it up into rectangular parts that can be used to create obnoxiously image-heavy
webpages... but this might be a worthy application for one of them...

Dunno about the Gimp... I poked around but couldn't find any standard tool for doing
so, but perhaps there is a plugin for the Gimp that does the same.