[Mapserver-users] Double labeling in querymap?

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Tue Aug 5 01:26:42 EDT 2003

That's cause with HILITE the layer is processed twice, once as normal
and once with only the selected features. With SELECTED the layer is
only processed once. The label is just getting set in the cache twice.
One workaround would be to set a value for MINDISTANCE. In most cases
that wouldn't affect labeling at all and should remove the second label.

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR
500 Lafayette Road
St. Paul, MN 55155
651-297-2937
>>> "Fawcett, David" <David.Fawcett at state.mn.us> 08/04/03 4:33 PM >>>
This occurs when the STYLE property of the QUERYMAP object is set to
HILITE, but does not occurr when I change it to SELECTED.

David.

on the selected point feature, but correctly places only one label on
the other point features on the map.

> The point layer only exists once in the MAP file, so I am not querying
two overlaying instances of the same point.