[Mapserver-users] data for maps of australia and new zealand.

David.Beard at ga.gov.au David.Beard at ga.gov.au
Tue Aug 5 21:05:58 EDT 2003

Tom,

For Australian data, see Geoscience Australia's website ( http://www.ga.gov.au ). Geoscience Australia is the Commonwealth Government's provider of geographic and geological information. Many datasets can be downloaded for free from the website, including topographic vector data ranging in scale from 1:10M to 1:1M. 1:100K and 1:250K vector data is also available, but you'll have to pay.

For New Zealand data, I'm not so sure, but you could start with Land Information New Zealand ( http://www.linz.govt.nz ).

Dave