[Mapserver-users] since the update to V4.0: "funny" maps :-(

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Aug 5 23:36:05 EDT 2003

Unfortunately I don't think there is much we can do to help without a
way to reproduce the problem.

This seems very much like a system configuration issue where you would
either have multiple versions of the same library (GD, Freetype, jpeg,
libpng?) loaded at the same time, or your executables were built for one
version and linked (statically or at runtime) with a different version.

The most common problem of this type is compiling php_mapscript with a
given version of GD (2.0.15) and loading PHP's GD extension compiled
with another version of GD or with the built-in copy of GD that now
ships with PHP.

So what I would suggest is that you make sure that you have only one
version of GD, Freetype libjpeg and libpng on your system, and that
MapServer, MapScript and PHP are all built with that same version.

For the record, another tricky one is pdflib since it also comes with
its own internal copy of libpng and uses it by default.  You didn't list
pdflib in your system config but I thought I should mention it anyway.

Daniel