[Mapserver-users] Problem w/ 8-bit TIF & Mapserver 3.3

Siki Zoltan siki at bme-geod.agt.bme.hu
Wed Aug 6 06:57:08 EDT 2003

Hello,

Change the STATUS of the layer to DEFAULT or
change it to ON and add the layer=layer_name to the query string.

On Tue, 5 Aug 2003, mp28 wrote:

> Hello,
>  I've been working on getting mapserver to render a set of high-resolution
> aerial photos. The images are in .tif format, unsigned 8-bit with an
> associated .tfw file. We are currently using Mapserver v3.3. For testing
> purposes we are trying to get just a single image to work but here is the
> problem.... Mapserver doesn't return an image (in map mode) when the layer is
> added. Here is the mapfile entry ->
>
> LAYER # Aerial test
> 	NAME "aerial"
>         DATA ./aerial/nov01_utm/rm94g_wv.tif
> 	STATUS OFF
> 	TYPE RASTER
> END
>
> The file size of the test photo is 15.4 MB which shouldn't be a problem since
> we're successfully using a 30 MB tif w/ mapserver. The paths are correct
> (other tifs in the same directory work). The image is 8-bit and displays
> perfectly in other GIS/RS software.
>
> Is there any thing I'm forgetting? Is there some minor variation in the .tif
> format that could be causing this? Has anyone run into this before??
>
> I'll have access to the mapserver error log tomorrow... is there anything I
> should look for?
>
> Thanks for the help, guys.
>
> Matthew Perry
> Humboldt State University
> Environmental and Natural Resource Sciences
> mp28 at humboldt.edu
> http://ktrin.cnrs.humboldt.edu

Zoltan Siki

Tel:+36 1 463 1146  +36 70 3199092  Fax:+36 1 463 3209
Mail: siki at agt.bme.hu
Assistant professor at                     egyetemi adjunktus
Department of Geodesy and Surveying        Altalanos es Felsogeodezia tanszek
Budapest University of Technology Hungary  Budapesti Muszaki Gazd. Tud. Egyetem