[Mapserver-users] rotated label

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Wed Aug 6 04:02:46 EDT 2003

Hi Siki,

it is a guess, but there were (are?) some problems with font rotation and
certain versions of libGD. If you are not using the latest version (2.0.15 I
think) you might try upgrading and recompiling mapserver using that version
(make sure to use the --with-gd=path/to/gd switch, otherwise it will use the
one that came with php if you compile with --with-php, which certainly will
be an older one). Also, if I remember well, only truetype fonts can be
rotated, so make sure to use truetype fonts. I do not know about a minimal
version number for freetype, but this might be worth checking too.

Cheers,
Vincent.