[Mapserver-users] 4.0 DATA Keyword / CGI variable

Michael Schulz mschulz at webgis.de
Thu Aug 7 09:13:37 EDT 2003

Hi,

the method for changing DATA and TEMPLATE values of the map-file through
CGI has changed, it is now done via a DATAPATTERN regular expression.

Information can be found in the wiki:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MigrationGuide and in the
mentioned posting
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0302/msg00795.html

HTH, Michael

Shannon Scott schrieb:

> Hello,I have a layer ( below ) that is in an Oracle DB.  We change the
> DATA parameter "on the fly" ( via CGI variable ) to select and
> highlight the polygon we want to display.  This worked very well in
> 3.6, but we are unable to change the DATA parameter since we upgraded
> to 4.0.  I can still change other keyword parameters ( for example
> COLOR ).Has anyone else experienced this?  Workaround?Any info, or
> advice is greatly appreciated.Thank You.Shannon Apache CGILinux RedHat
> 8.0MN Mapserver 4.0
> LAYER
>   NAME selectedpoly
>   TYPE Polygon
>   STATUS default
>   CONNECTIONTYPE oraclespatial
>   CONNECTION "xxx/xxx at locinc9"
>   TRANSPARENCY 50   DATA "GEOM from (select a.GEOM from tracts1 a
> where a.id=23019000100)"
>
>  CLASS
>   NAME "selectedpolyclass"
>   COLOR 255 255 191
>   OUTLINECOLOR 8 8 8
>   END  # CLASS
>
>   PROJECTION
>     "proj=latlong"
>   END
> END  # Tracts LAYER

Michael Schulz                                in medias res
Dipl.-Geologe                              Gesellschaft für
                                Informationstechnologie mbH
                                     In den Weihermatten 66
                               79108 Freiburg
                                     0761 55695-95 (Fax 96)