[Mapserver-users] 4.0 DATA Keyword / CGI variable

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Thu Aug 7 09:12:01 EDT 2003

Shannon,

this was an security enhancement.
from the mapserver wiki MigrationGuide
(http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?MigrationGuide):

     DATAPATTERN and TEMPLATEPATTERN

    New MAP level parameters called DATAPATTERN and TEMPLATEPATTERN are
available. They define regular expressions to be applied to requests to
change DATA or any template values via URL requests (i.e.
map_layername_data=...). If a pattern doesn't exist then web users can't
monkey with support files via URLs. This allows you to isolate one
application from another if you desire, with the default operation being very
conservative.

    For more information on DATAPATTERN syntax (it applies to TEMPLATEPATTERN
as well), see this post:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/data2/wilma/mapserver-users/0302/msg00795.html

Cheers,
Vincent.