[Mapserver-users] Just display a layer (2)

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Aug 8 08:58:47 EDT 2003

harato wrote:
> probably my mapfile is wrong (maybe ?)
>
> have I need to add projection value ?
>
> I've attached my mapfile example, if anyone can help
> me...
>   LAYER
>     NAME "Département"
>     STATUS ON
>     DATA "./dept56"
>     TYPE POLYGON
>     UNITS METERS
>     SIZEUNITS PIXELS
>     TOLERANCE 0
>     TOLERANCEUNITS PIXELS
>     METADATA
>       "Description"    "Département"
>     END
>     CLASS
>       NAME "dept56"
>       EXPRESSION "0"
>       SYMBOL 12
>       COLOR 153 255 255
>       OUTLINECOLOR 51 204 255
>       SIZE 1
>       MINSIZE 1
>       MAXSIZE 100
>     END
>   END
> END

Harato,

I would suggest turning the layer status to DEFAULT, but the problem I ran
into with this configuration was your use of EXPRESSION "0".  If I comment
that out it renders OK for me in MapServer.

I don't see anything indicating what variable is being used for the
classification, so I don't know what the EXPRESSION is testing, but whatever
(if anything it is), it doesn't match your expression.

Best regards,