[Mapserver-users] Help with simple(?) app

Richard Greenwood Rich at GreenwoodMap.com
Fri Aug 8 16:38:22 EDT 2003

At 09:47 AM 8/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>I need to create a simple application that displays a
>map of the US, then allows the user to click on a
>state to get a zoomed-in view of just the one state
>(without seeing bordering states).
>
>I am able to display the US map with mapserver/cgi
>without a problem, but how do I:
>
>1. Display the zoomed-in state w/o bordering states?
>
>2. Program the "direct to state" zoom in capability?

Using just CGI I would use mode=itemquery. The map file should look
something like:

QUERYMAP
         STATUS ON
         STYLE SELECTED
END

And make two layers:

Layer
         NAME "STATE"    # displays only one state
         TYPE  polygon
         DATA states
         STATUS default

         FILTERITEM ID
         Filter "%ID%"
         CLASS
                 TEMPLATE mymap.html     # Use to display map
                 OUTLINECOLOR 255 255 0  # Yellow
                 SYMBOL 'solid' SIZE 6
         END
END

LAYER
         NAME  "STATES"  # displays all states
         STATUS ON
         TYPE Polygon
         DATA  "states"
         CLASS
                 TEMPLATE "mymap.html"   # Use to display attribute data
                 SYMBOL "Solid"
                 OUTLINECOLOR 0 0 0
                 SIZE 2
         END  # CLASS