[Mapserver-users] sending mouse clicks to CGI

niklas wörmann nwoe at privat.utfors.se
Mon Aug 11 09:13:45 EDT 2003

Hi!
I am building a flash interface to a mapserver CGI application.
i have figured out most of the stuff i need, but there is one stumbling
block left;
i need a way to map from latitude longitude to pixels, back and forth
what i have tried so far is to set the cgi parameter imgxy=xxx yyy. i was
then planning on reading the
resulting maplon maplat variables from a template file.

but it doesn´t seem to work. the maplon maplat variables are always set to
default.

in the future i am planning to create a transformation matrix to aid me in
converting
an array of x y (pixel coordinates) to an array of lat long coordinates.
what would be the best way
to do this?

there are several reasons to do this. one is to keep my "user data" in a
separate database, so it will be easier to present the data
in other contexts. another reason is that i am planning on implementing a
drag and drop interface in flash, and need a way to save to dragged and
dropped coordinates in lat long format.

TIA
niklas woermann
älvsjö