[Mapserver-users] MAXFEATURES and postgis layer

Zamil Murji Zamil.Murji at divestco.com
Tue Aug 12 12:41:33 EDT 2003

I am trying to get the maxfeatures tag to work with a postgis layer. It just doesn't seem to work. Here is my layer definition:
LAYER
   NAME "morewells"
   TYPE point
   STATUS off
   MAXSCALE 8
   CONNECTIONTYPE postgis
   CONNECTION "user=idc dbname=idc host=sdb2 port=5432"
   DATA "the_geom from twell"
   CLASSITEM wellid
   MAXFEATURES 1
   CLASS
     COLOR 0 0 0
     SYMBOL 6
     SIZE 10
     MAXSIZE 10
     MINSIZE 10
#     TEMPLATE "c:\\mapfiles\test.html"
   END
END

Am i doing anything wrong? Does maxfeatures also work in nquery mode?
Thanks
zamil