[Mapserver-users] Adding a GIF layer to my .map file

Pericles S. Nacionales nacional at cbs.umn.edu
Tue Aug 12 13:15:31 EDT 2003

You are way ahead of me.  The version 4 tutorial isn't available for
public consumption yet.  It isn't complete (but thanks for pointing out
a raster projection issue that I have almost forgotten).  Please don't
use the tutorial just yet as I don't want to waste time answering
questions instead of finishing the tutorial.

The definitive how-to for raster layers is available in the
documentation section of the mapserver site:
http://mapserver.gis.umn.edu/doc40/raster-howto.html

I also recommend browsing through the how-tos for more in depth
explanations of concepts in MapServer.  The tutorial will point you to
these references when it becomes available.

-Perry N.

On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 09:17, Mario Servin wrote:
> Hi,
>     I followed the MapServer 4.0 Tutorial  for puting a layer with a GIF
> (RASTER type) in my .map file.  Well, nothing happened. The image is not
> shown. Ok, I did not realize that MapServer has no information about
> georeference of the GIF file, but nothing was mentioned about it in the
> Tutorial. Could it be the reason that the image is not shown?. Anyway, how
> can I georeference my GIF file?
>     Regards,
>                 Mario

Pericles S. Nacionales <nacional at cbs.umn.edu>