[Mapserver-users] Red Hat LInux Mapserver/Mapscript compilation

Daniel Morissette morissette at dmsolutions.ca
Tue Aug 12 13:55:51 EDT 2003

Removing or changing MapServer's configure options won't help with this.
  The root of the problem is really that the PHP configure
--with-regex=system didn't work.  Usually this is caused by using the
--with-apxs switch in configuring PHP but you don't appear to be using
it.  There must be another PHP configure option that you use and that
conflicts with the --with-regex=system but I have no clue which one it
would be.  I would suggest checking your PHP configure output in case
there is a message about this.

To tell if your PHP did properly select the system regex, you can look
at php-4.3.2/main/php_config.h.  If you find a line saying '#define
REGEX 1' then it's using the builtin regex (no good).  If you don't find
that line then it's using the system regex and you're fine.

Daniel