[Mapserver-users] Red Hat LInux Mapserver/Mapscript compilation

Gerry Creager N5JXS gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Tue Aug 12 23:26:37 EDT 2003

On RedHat, we've ripped out Apache and PHP, as they came from RedHat...
and PostGres, as well, and installed from tarball.  Doing this, we've
seen no problems that weren't related to fumbling the keyboard.  Before
we decided on this approach, we had all sorts of problems accessing PHP
reliably and using Postgres as a standard DB call.

HTH,
Gerry