[Mapserver-users] Red Hat LInux Mapserver/Mapscript compilation

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Wed Aug 13 04:17:15 EDT 2003

Alex,

I know especially for php it seems a hell of a job, but it usually is worth
the effort to check the output of ./configure before installing a program...
An easy wat to do this is redirect it to a file (or to both screen and file
using 'tee': './configure | tee configure.out.txt', then you can open the
file in an editor and do searches, or use grep, etc. Then you usually will
know if one of your ./configure options did not work the way you wanted it.
You can also check mapservers ./configure output for the place where the php
header files were found. This should be the place where you just compiled
php.

Hope it helps...

Cheers,
Vincent.