[Mapserver-users] line thickness?

Dean Gadoury gadoury at dmsolutions.ca
Wed Aug 13 15:20:03 EDT 2003

--------------030107070700000603060706

You need to use a symbol, preferably a circle, and then use the SIZE
property in your class. Here's an example:

If you don't have a circle symbol in your symbol file use this and put
it in the MAP object

SYMBOL
  NAME 'circle'
  TYPE ELLIPSE
  POINTS 1 1 END
  FILLED TRUE
END

Then in your layer object make a class, something like this:

CLASS
  NAME "whatever"
  STYLE
    SYMBOL 'circle'
    COLOR 0 0 0
    SIZE 3
  END
END

That will result in a line 3 pixels wide. Just change the SIZE property
to change the thickness of the line.

Bruce Bushby wrote:

>I've been playing around with Mapserv4.0 for a few days and I can't
>find a way to render 'line thickness' for my ESRI street maps.
>
>Is it possible to specify 'line thickness' when rendering a layer?
>
>Thanks for the help
>

>Regards
>Bruce

___________________________

Dean Gadoury

DM Solutions Group
72 Chamberlain Ave. Third Floor
Ottawa, Ontario. K1S 1V9
613 565-5056 ext. 24

gadoury at dmsolutions.ca
www.dmsolutions.ca

--------------030107070700000603060706

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
You need to use a symbol, preferably a circle, and then use the SIZE
property in your class. Here's an example:<br>
If you don't have a circle symbol in your symbol file use this and put
it in the MAP object<br>
&nbsp; NAME 'circle'<br>
&nbsp; TYPE ELLIPSE<br>
&nbsp; POINTS 1 1 END<br>
&nbsp; FILLED TRUE<br>
END</font><br>
Then in your layer object make a class, something like this:<br>
CLASS <br>
&nbsp; NAME "whatever"<br>
&nbsp; STYLE<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SYMBOL 'circle' <br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; COLOR 0 0 0<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; SIZE 3 <br>
&nbsp; END<br>
END
That will result in a line 3 pixels wide. Just change the SIZE property
to change the thickness of the line.<br>
Bruce Bushby wrote:<br>
 cite="midAAEIINHPKBPIPAAPNOLJOEBFCBAA.bruce.bushby at wol.co.za">
  <pre wrap="">I've been playing around with Mapserv4.0 for a few days and I can't
find a way to render 'line thickness' for my ESRI street maps.

Is it possible to specify 'line thickness' when rendering a layer?

Thanks for the help

Regards
Bruce

  </pre>