[Mapserver-users] Linux RedHat 9.0 php/mapscript installation

Alexander Shostko shostko at ureach.com
Fri Aug 15 02:02:11 EDT 2003

Dear List !

The brief description of the problem:

I am porting php/mapscript application
(php-4.3.2/apache-1.3.27)
from Windows to Linux

Linux is Red-Hat 9.0, php is 4.3.2, apache is 1.3.28
installed in /etc/httpd and /var/www/ as typical.

mapserver-3.6.6

The installation flags and options are below.  All compiles
fine.  But does
not run at all. It did not even come to
mapscript. The php itself does not work with apache as cgi .

When I try to run simple

<?php
  // nothing works
  dl("php_mapscript.so");
  phpinfo();
?>

gives

--

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '(ASCII=15) state=1 in
/var/www/cgi-bin/php on line 3395

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '^B' (ASCII=2) state=1
in /var/www/cgi-bin/php on line 3395

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in
/var/www/cgi-bin/php on line 3395

Warning: Unexpected character in input: ' in
/var/www/cgi-bin/php on line 3395

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '(ASCII=15) state=1 in
/var/www/cgi-bin/php on line 3395

Parse error: parse error in /var/www/cgi-bin/php on line 3395

--
which means that php simply not working whether I use dl(..) or
not.

I tried also httpd-2.0.47 etc.  same results. ALso I tried from
tarball
(Linux 9.0 installation) of apache/php . Same results.

The possible options are:

--Install older / stabler RedHat (8.0 for ex, 9.0 is very new)
--Install apache 1.3.27 or older
--try php-4.3.0 or 4.2.x until I have at least apache-php as cgi
working,
then put mapscript there.

Any ideas on which Linux/apache/php/options or simly what I am
missing ?

Thanks a lot
Alex
Simulation Tech.
engineer

The apache is compiled with:

rm config.cache
./configure \
--prefix=/etc/httpd/ \
--enable-module=all \
--enable-shared=max \
--with-layout=RedHat \
--disable-rule=WANTHSREGEX=no

php is compiled with:

rm config.cache
./configure \
 --with-regex=system \
 --with-config-file-path=/etc/httpd/ \
 --enable-safe-mode \
 --enable-force-cgi-redirect \
 --enable-discard-path \
 --enable-versioning \
 --enable-magic-quotes \
 --enable-track-vars \
 --with-gd \
 --with-zlib  \
 --with-jpeg \
 --with-ming \
 --with-xml \
 --with-ftp \
 --with-regex=system

when making make test it tells that:

CWD         : /usr/local/php-4.3.2
PHP         : /usr/local/php-4.3.2/sapi/cli/php
PHP_SAPI    : cli
PHP_VERSION : 4.3.2
ZEND_VERSION: 1.3.0
PHP_OS      : Linux