[Mapserver-users] "Prettying up" shape files, some questions...

poff poff at sixbit.org
Mon Aug 18 11:07:52 EDT 2003

Hello,

I was just wondering, what methods are open to one if you want to "pretty
up" a shapefile?

For example. I'm using a standard map of the world (country_col from
terraserver.ru), and, great as it is, it's quite plain and "boring".

Without resorting to using satellite tiffs, what methods can I use?

I know someone using a shapefile as a layer below the map layer, which is
an improvement, but gee - I just wanted to know how else to do it.

I'm using mapscript, but I think that's irrelevant for shapefiles
themselves.

I guess there are lots of php techiques but I'd like to stay simple.

Here are some ideas: shadows, textures, anti-aliasing?

Thanks,
poff at sixbit.org

Please do not carbon copy replies to me