[Mapserver-users] shp2mysql.pl and LINE data.

Attila Csipa bear at prometheus.org.yu
Tue Aug 19 04:02:19 EDT 2003

On Monday 18 August 2003 17:01, Bruce Bushby wrote:
> point and polygon layers, however it ignores "line" layers, ie: roads.
>                if ($shape->{Shapetype} eq LINE){
> .any ideas?

As suggested, you should change that line to

 if ($shape->{Shapetype} eq LINE or $shape->{Shapetype} eq ARC){

I have already changed it in the CVS version .

> Is there a php script to import ESRI shape files into mysql?

None that I know of, and the perl code is not easy to transfer to php since it
uses perl libraries unavailable in php. It could be done theoretically by
using mapserver to load the shapefiles and then query them and write them out
one by one as it is done in the perl script, but that's not at elegant
solution at all.