[Mapserver-users] shp2mysql.pl and LINE data.

Lowell Filak lfilak at medinaco.org
Mon Aug 18 13:44:47 EDT 2003

I haven't used the tool yet but it may just be the way that the
Shapetype is reported that is causing the problem.
The first Shapetype if block checks for LINE & ARC as equivalent while
the second does not allow for ARC.
Does changing the line:
if ($shape->{Shapetype} eq LINE){
to:
if ($shape->{Shapetype} eq LINE or $shape->{Shapetype} eq ARC){
help?
Lowell

The following message was sent by "Bruce Bushby"
<bruce.bushby at wol.co.za> on Mon, 18 Aug 2003 17:01:32 +0200.

> Greetings,
>
> Has anybody else had problems importing ESRI shapefiles using
shp2mysql.pl?
> When I run the script against my data set it all works beautifully,
> importing
> point and polygon layers, however it ignores "line" layers, ie: roads.
>
> shp2mysql.pl is a fantastic tool, unfortunately I don't know perl.
Having a