[Mapserver-users] how to hide water areas in nationalatlas state-boundaries shapefile

Brian Fujito brian at christianity.com
Tue Aug 19 18:14:44 EDT 2003

I've downloaded the states020 shapefile from Nationalatlas.  However,
when I draw the state boundaries, they extend out to the water (e.g.
Great Lakes).  I realize that this is expected behavior (those are the
boundaries of the states), but is there a way to hide that portion of
the data?

In the Mapserver tutorial, they do this nicely by selecting out
   EXPRESSION ('[CLASS]' eq 'land')

... but the states020 dataset does not provide such 'CLASS'
information.  Can anyone tell me how to go about getting that
information?

Thanks in advance,
Brian