[Mapserver-users] Help !!! Mapscript installation nightmare !!

D. Scott Davidson davidson at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 20 16:33:40 EDT 2003

I appreciate the suggestions. thanks.

I tried to configure mapserver with:

rm config.cache

configure --without-tiff --with-proj=/usr/local/lib
--with-gdal=/usr/opt/bin/gdal-config --with-wmsclient --with-gd=/usr/lib
--with-php=/usr/local/include/php/  --enable-internal-ld-detect

make clean

make

copied php_mapscript.so to its place.

I still got the error:

Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/opt/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so' - ld.so.1:
/usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/opt/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so:
symbol gdImageSetClip: referenced symbol not found in
/www/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.php on line 21

My gdal version is gdal-1.1.8.

I configured PHP like this:

./configure --with-system-regex  --with-apache=../apache_1.3.26/
--with-pgsql.

There has to be a simple answer here.

Thanks in advance.

                      "Charlton Purvis"
                      <cpurvis at asg.sc.edu>                To:       "D. Scott Davidson" <davidson at usgs.gov>,
                      Sent by:                             <mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu>
                      mapserver-users-admin at lists.        cc:
                      gis.umn.edu                         Subject:  RE: [Mapserver-users] Help !!! Mapscript installation nightmare !!

                      08/20/2003 01:48 PM

Try adding
--enable-internal-ld-detect
to your mapserver ./configure.

If that doesn't help, what is your php configuration?

Charlton