[Mapserver-users] Help !!! Mapscript installation nightmare !!

D. Scott Davidson davidson at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 20 16:38:11 EDT 2003

I am using php-4.3.2 .

Scott Davidson
USGS/WRD Little Rock, Ar
(501) 228-3636

                      "D. Scott Davidson"
                      <davidson at usgs.gov>                 To:       mapserver-users at lists.gis.umn.edu
                      Sent by:                            cc:       "D. Scott Davidson" <davidson at usgs.gov>
                      mapserver-users-admin at lists.        Subject:  [Mapserver-users] Help !!! Mapscript installation nightmare !!
                      gis.umn.edu

                      08/20/2003 01:33 PM

Hello,

I have spent an enormous amount of time trying to get php-mapscript to
work.
This has truly been a nightmare.

I have built php-4.3.2  as part of apache_1.3.26 on Solaris 2.8 .
This builds fine, and php works.

I then built and installed mapserver-4.0.

I configured mapserver with this:

configure --without-tiff --with-proj=/usr/local/lib --with-gdal
  --with-wmsclient --with-gd=/usr/lib --with-php=/usr/local/include/php/

It made fine.

I then copied the mapserver.so to the php directory, edited the php.ini
file.

When running the phpinfo_mapscript.php test file I get these errors:

Warning: dl(): Unable to load dynamic library
'/usr/opt/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so' -
ld.so.1: /usr/local/apache/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/opt/lib/php/extensions/php_mapscript.so: symbol gdImageSetClip:
referenced symbol not found
in /www/htdocs/phpinfo_mapscript.php on line 21

This has been maddening - does anyone know how to fix this ?