[Mapserver-users] Help !!! Mapscript installation nightmare !!

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Thu Aug 21 03:23:59 EDT 2003

D.,

possibly this is because php uses its own version of gd, which might be
different from the one you compile mapscript with. This could lead to
relocation errors. Try recompiling php with '--with-gd=/usr/lib' to make sure
php uses the same gd as mapscript. Btw, you cannot use mapscript with php
compiled as a apache module. You will need php as a cgi application, so omit
the --with-apache option when compiling php. You can find (lots of) more info
about this on the website/wiki at the install sections, and in the mailing
list archive.
You might also consider using mapserver 4.0, which is the latest stable
release and has a lot of added features and bug fixes. If you do so, you will
need a newer gd, at least 2.0.12 but you'd better use the newest one, 2.0.15
afaik.

Cheers,
Vincent.