[Mapserver-users] another mysql php mapscript question

Geoffrey Rowland geoffrey.rowland at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 21 09:23:34 EDT 2003

Hello,

I am using Mapserver 4.0 with php mapscript on a windows machine running
IIS 5.  I have rendered several layers.....now I have some information
that I store in a mysql table....actually it could even be stored in a
text file if that would be easier (less overhead, I know). It has a
county name and then a number.  That number is always updated from the
web.  One day it may be 10, the next it may be 15.  now, what I am
wanting to do is to generate a mapserver layer based on what that number
is for each county.  I will color the counties based on what that number
is (similar to using graduated colors to render a population layer,
except this won't be population).  After I use PHP to connect to mysql
and get the information.....what is the next step?  Are there any code
examples of something like this floating around?   Is there a specific
php mapscript function I should be looking at?

Thanks!
Geoff

--
Geoffrey Rowland