[Mapserver-users] geoworld

Dave McIlhagga mcilhagga at dmsolutions.ca
Thu Aug 21 10:12:06 EDT 2003

Thanks Lowell.

At all times, any news is good news -- just unfortunate that the overall
emphasis was on the data serving, but I think at least half of the news
here is the application and software that showcases it.  This data has
been accessible for quite some time, but there has never been a
respectable interface to access it -- I think you'll discover this has
changed considerably when it formally gets released to the public
(hopefully sometime in September).

FYI CubeServ is a proprietary alternative to Oracle Spatial that has a
major emphasis on compliance with OGC specifications.  In this case, the
WMS service is used to draw the maps and make them accessible to the
MapServer/Chameleon application.

There should be some more news coming out soon enough on more Chameleon
applications.  I'll send out a link when we have some demonstration
applications and client applications to showcase.

Dave
--
Dave McIlhagga
DM Solutions Group