[Mapserver-users] OT: Colormaps and 16-bit tiffs

Steve Lime steve.lime at dnr.state.mn.us
Thu Aug 21 16:05:24 EDT 2003

Hi folks: Has anyone ever used colormaps in conjunction with 16-bit tiff
images? Our GIS folks here have ESRI grid datasets (e.g. elevation or
very detailed landcover classifications) that have 16-bit cell values
and also have a colormap associated with them for display. We would like
to store these in a more open format for distribution. Conversion to
GeoTiff goes fine but the color information is lost. Any ideas?

Steve

Stephen Lime
Data & Applications Manager

Minnesota DNR