[Mapserver-users] mapserver running on debian

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Fri Aug 22 09:48:57 EDT 2003

Dear list,

we have just setup our new machine with DebianWoody. Compiling the
mapserver (after seeing that we have to apt the dev-versions of all
libs) was great fun - it took about 10 minutes :-) Never did this before
  in that time.

Copying the mapserv-binary to the /cgi-bin and make the test
"<myURL>/cgi-bin/mapserv" works fine. Also the mapserv -v on the command
line works fine. But not when running a mapserv-application. The apache
error log says "Premature end of... blablabla"

I searched the archive and found 443 threads with "premature" and I'm
sure I tried everything >>> editing ld.so.conf (adding /usr + /usr/lib +
/usr/local/lib, /lib, ...), running ldconfig, adding
  SetEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH "/usr/local/lib" (and the rest)
  PassEnv LD_LIBRARY_PATH

to my httpd.conf, making sure that mod_env is loaded and my image-temp
paths are correct, drinking beer, whisky and wine ... I HAVE NO MORE
IDEAS !!!!

Please help me otherwise I'll kick this brandnew machine out of our
office!!!!!

Thanks in advance,
Till & Ben & Lars