[Mapserver-users] tip for frustrated debianers

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Mon Aug 25 02:50:37 EDT 2003

Dear list,

we just want to post the answer to our question we've posted friday
afternoon (see below):

We thought it has to do with some libraries which are not found. So we
ran "path-to-cgi/cgi-bin/ldd mapserv" and looked at the pathes to the
linked libraries - most of them pointed to "/usr/lib" or /lib".

So we added "/usr/lib" and "/lib" to the file "/etc/ld.so.conf" and run
"/sbin/ldconfig" but nothing happended. Somewhere on this brillant list
we found a hint from Daniel Morissette to add "/usr/local/bin" although
there are definetely no libaries linked to.
Anyway: We added the path "/usr/local/bin" to ld.so.conf and reran
"/sbin/ldconfig" and now everything works fine ...

;-) good start for a monday morning...

Till & Ben & Lars